“The goal of the human experience is to transform ourselves from beings who long to attain power in the physical world to beings who are empowered from within.”
Welcome. I’m so glad you’re here. Woven into the fabric of my work and this site, I wish for you to feel:
inspired. heard. cared for. hopeful. whole. self-aware. not alone. held. supported. healed. seen.
Why I Do This Work
Because I believe so deeply in the preciousness that is your humanity and in the soul’s compelling mission toward wholeness, healing and integration.
I do this work because gaining freedom from all that constrains the expression of your true essence as well as really being the love that you are, brings about the highest good for person, community and planet.
It’s an act of revolution and spiritual warrior-hood to listen to your inner longings, to the shadowy whispers of where you’ve been hurt and walk toward that. I want to be one of those that walks with you in the darkness, reminding you of your strength, power and beauty.
I want you to know that you are never alone in your struggles: that there is a safe, sacred space where you can come home, let your heart be touched and the gifts of your history and experiences honored.
My own journey towards personal empowerment and self-love motivates me to support others in doing the same. Expressing my creativity, using my voice, defining myself on my own terms, and loving all of who I am requires on-going commitment and dedication.
The way that I am in love with my life is why I do what I do as an EmpowerMentor and therapist:
I want you too, to love your life and embrace the journey toward healing and integration while standing rooted in your personal power.
You deserve that. Read on to learn more about my path:
A Long-Time Catalyst for Empowerment
It all began the summer after graduating from university: I signed up for a one-month mountaineering course in the Wind River Range of Wyoming not knowing that this decision would forever change the course of my life. The course started in August and I had three months to get ready for the trip of a lifetime. I trained my butt off: I ran stairs, I wore a 70-pound pack all around campus, I researched the gear I would need and I read up on technical mountaineering skills… I was all in and wanted to be prepared.
Ha! Nothing could have prepared me for the utter wildness, the spectacular beauty, the sheer, grandiosity of the nighttime skies at 11,000 feet… Or, the rite of passage I experienced as I passed through from one definition of myself to a wildly, more expansive and authentic sense of myself. In 30 days, it was like every single one of my self-imposed limitations got shattered to smithereens, I found my calling in life, I gained clarity in my strengths as well as my growth edges and realized I had a deep well of personal power from within I could use to create the life I envisioned for myself.
After that, I dedicated my life to outdoor leadership and education, empowerment and awakening to the True Self. Ten years as a mountaineering instructor in Colorado, California and South Africa shaped me into who I am today and no doubt, helps me to work more effectively, more creatively and more experientially with my clients.
When I’m not working, I’m having tea parties and playing dress-up with my daughter, dancing, reading and slowly going sane by using my actual life and relationships to wake up to joy.
Other things to know about me are listed below…
Teachers Who Influence My Work
- Carolyn Myss
- Tara Brach
- Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Oriah Mountain Dreamer
- Thich Nhat Hanh
- Pema Chodron
My Credentials and Education
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Masters of Science in Social Work, University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
Key professional trainings in:
- Somatic Experiencing (SE)
- Brainspotting (BSP)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Expressive Arts Certification
- Strengths Deployment Inventory Facilitation
- NIA White Belt graduate
- SomaSoul workshop
- Psychotherapist and EmpowerMentor in private practice
- Creator and visionary of outpatient eating disorders program, Chrysalis Rising
- Outpatient therapist, Mental Health Center Naval Hospital Camp Pendelton, CA
- Milieu and transitions therapist, Eating Disorder Center of Denver
- Clinical Case Manager and Dialectical Behavioral Therapist (DBT), Mental Health Center of Denver
- Therapist, University of Texas Counseling and Mental Health Center
- Therapist with survivors of domestic violence, SafePlace, Austin, TX
- Chief Mountaineering Instructor/ Mountaineering Instructor, Pacific Crest Outward Bound School and Outward Bound South Africa